Baked Chocolate and Reishi Doughnuts
The easiest and most delicious baked doughnuts. They are vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free and we only need few ingredients. The star of the show is definitely the frosting. I used Pearl Butter Brain Butter.
This Butter is made with blue algae and whole coconut flesh, slowly ground at a low temperature into a creamy, dreamy butter. This brain-hugging alchemy gets its bright blue hue from C-phycocyanin, a neuroprotective protein that supports memory, creativity, and overall brain health.
BAKED CHOCOLATE AND REISHI DOUGHNUTS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of garbanzo flour
- 1 tablespoon of Reishi powder
- 2 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao
- 2 flax eggs*
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Pearl Butter Brain Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
Coat a regular 6-serving doughnut pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a bowl, add the flours, bananas, flax eggs, sweetener and coconut oil and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into doughnut pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost doughnuts with frosting, and serve.
*to make flaxseed eggs, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for 10 mins.