Easy Gluten Free Banana and Chia Seed Bread
GLUTEN-FREE BANANA AND CHIA BREAD
- 3 medium, ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup of Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Add coconut oil, chia seeds, flax egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Add in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer, with the shape of a rise down the center—just like a loaf. Using a butter knife, cut a slit slightly off center down the loaf. Optionally, sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Lightly press walnuts into the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 65 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when the loaf is done.