Healthy Baked Doughnuts with Beet Powder Frosting
Who doesn’t like doughnuts? I mean seriously, they are so delicious however, they also have a ton of added sugar, refined carbs, high in empty calories and have 0 nutritional value. If you have been following my blog for a while, you probably know I am always looking for healthier alternatives to my favorite food.
With this recipe, I think I finally found what I was looking for lol. These healthy baked doughnuts are perfect. They taste amazing, they are free from refined sugars, packed with complex carbs, and did I mention they taste amazing? Don't forget to tag me on instagram if you make these delicious doughnuts.
HEALTHY BAKED DOUGHNUTS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- 3/4 cup oat flour*
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar or any other natural sweetener
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs*
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of beet powder
- Sunflower seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
Coat a regular 6-serving doughnut pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a bowl, add the oat flour, banana, eggs, sweetener and coconut oil and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon into doughnut pan and bake for about 10 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Using a whisk and bowl, add the frosting ingredients and mix until completely smooth.
- Frost doughnuts with frosting, and serve. Top with shredded coconut, sunflower seeds or any other toppings of your choice.
*to make oat flour just blend rolled oats.
*to make flaxseed eggs, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for 10 mins.