Pitaya and Mango Popsicles
I can't believe summer is over :( oh well to say good bye to this season, I wanted to share this delicious recipe you can make at home. If you are not familiar with what pitaya is, it’s an exotic super fruit also known as dragon fruit. It can either have white or pink flesh and is actually the fruit of a cactus plant. How cool is that? Looking at the fruit, it’s easy to see how it would come from a cactus!
Pitaya is a great source of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium, lycopene and B vitamins. Plus, one pitaya has about four grams of protein, and the tiny edible black seeds provide us with healthy fats. You can either look for a pitaya or dragon fruit at your local natural grocery store, or you can easily purchase the organic frozen pink pitaya packets from Pitaya Plus.
PITAYA AND MANGO POPSICLES
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 packages of frozen pitaya
- 1/2 cup of frozen mango
- coconut sugar to taste or any other sweetener
- In a high-powered blender, add half coconut milk, and pitaya packets and blend well.
- add the other half of the ingredients with frozen mango.
- Pour pitaya and mango mixture into popsicle molds.
- Place lid on popsicle maker, slide in popsicle sticks and place in the freezer overnight.
- Once they are ready, take them out of the freezer and enjoy!